Ads

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Black and White art


This is my first time blogging. I've created this blog just to show you guys my artworks, starting with this one. I really like drawing in black and white, it shows some simplicity in the artwork and if the artwork is really cool, plus the fact that the person is only using two colours, it adds the uniqueness of the artwork. COOL!! But by reading this, some of you might think, "Hey, this guy is saying all these things just because he does not know how to colour." Huhuhu.. You are right. I do not know how to colour. That is why I like to draw in black and white.

Since I started drawing, I have tried using magic pen, coloured pencils, water colour, and even poster colour. But they failed me, or I failed them. Either one, most of the times, I neglected to use many colours for my artwork. So I stick with black and white, they are reliable, simple, and they are the basic colours for manga!! Yeah.. I like manga. That is the main reason I draw.

The interest of drawing started when I read a comic made by my older brother's friend. He drew a comic that mimics Street Fighter. Both his drawing and the storyline was awesome!! I read it over and over again even the comic was drawn in a typical school notebook. That was the beginning of my interest in drawing.

I think that is enough for now. More stories will be coming soon as I post another artwork next time. Enjoy this artwork for now, and if you do not enjoy it, haha.. just ignore it. I am not a professional artist, not even a graduate from any art school, just a normal person with a drawing hobby. Well then, see you next time!!

4 comments:

  1. I like your black n white drawing.
    Every corner of yr artwork has a line with a story to tell. An abstract and creative piece of work. Keep up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. helo ben! haha.. thanks for the comment.
    i'm still an amateur. there are a lots of drawings nowadays that put a lot of lines and details. i was trying to follow the same idea but somehow, it didn't really work. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like this one the most..kinda unique and simple..hehehehe..

    just like me...hehehehe (0.0)

    ReplyDelete